Lewis Brisbois’ Cybersecurity Team Nominated as Advisen 2022 “Cyber Law Firm of the Year”
New York, N.Y. (May 10, 2022) - Lewis Brisbois is pleased to announce that its Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Team has been nominated for the “Cyber Law Firm of the Year” award as part of Advisen’s 2022 Cyber Risk Awards. The Lewis Brisbois team is a two-time winner of the award.
The Cyber Risk Awards are the annual “people’s choice” awards for the cyber risk industry, recognizing the industry’s most influential professionals. The awards leverage Advisen’s vast contact database of insurance professionals involved in cyber risk issues. The “Cyber Law Firm of the Year” award recognizes the firm that has been “unparalleled” in their cyber insurance work, providing pre- and post-breach coaching services and deciphering complex cyber laws and policies. The following are several things the Lewis Brisbois team has done to earn this nomination:
- Responding to over 2,000 data security events annually, from simple data theft to complex and catastrophic data compromises;
- Geographically distributed in 18 major cities, 14 states and the District of Columbia;
- The diverse team is comprised of over 70% female members, including the majority of its partners and associates, and 15 languages are spoken by the team;
- Assisting companies in every business sector to navigate both U.S. and foreign data regulations, including the CCPA and the GDPR;
- Staffing a hotline with multiple teams on 24/7 rotations and providing live responses to clients needing emergency assistance;
- The team includes two former U.S. Cyber attorneys, several former state and federal prosecutors, and more than twenty attorneys with CIPP/US and/or CIPP/E certifications;
- Publishing our Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Handbook and maintaining interactive online maps pertaining to state data breach notification statues and information security standards;
- Offering relevant and timely analysis of data privacy and cybersecurity issues through our Digital Insights blog, Digital Insights Quarterly Newsletter, and Quarterly Cybersecurity Webinar Series;
- Helping clients protect their data and mitigate the risk of data breaches through a comprehensive suite of proactive compliance and advisory services.
You can vote for Lewis Brisbois in the “Cyber Law Firm of the Year” category by visiting Advisen’s 2022 Cyber Risk Awards Voting Page. Voting closes 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, May 27. The winners will be announced at the 9th Annual Cyber Risk Awards, which will take place at a black-tie Gala on June 16 at Gotham Hall in New York.