The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) recently published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that attempts to eliminate confusion regarding the tip credit, while also implementing the changes mandated by Congress when it passed the Tip Income Protection Act.Read more »
Tag: tip credit
Three Takeaways from the DOL Proposed Rule on Tipped Employees Posted on: October 25, 2019 In: Labor & Employment
Florida Raises State Minimum Wage By a Dime Posted on: October 23, 2019 In: Labor & Employment
Florida recently announced the new minimum wage for overtime eligible workers in the state. Each year on September 30 The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity adjusts the state’s minimum wage based on the increase in the Consumer Price Index for the South Region of the United States. The new minimum wage becomes effective on January 1, 2020.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response