On November 1, 2018, the long-awaited amendments to Canada’s main federal data privacy law, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), take effect.Read more »
New Canadian Data Breach Notification Requirements Take Effect as PIPEDA Amendments Come Into Force Posted on: October 31, 2018 In: Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit agreements alabama america invents act arkansas audit biometric data breach notification business california ccpa client notification colorado compensation compliance confidentiality congress consumer notification copyright cryptocurrency cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data security department of labor design rights digital music discrimination dress code email employers employment law equal pay act eu eu-u.s. privacy shield european union fcra federal circuit federal trade commission firing flsa free speech gdpr hacking hippa hiring holiday season human resources identity theft illinois information security infringement inter partes review irs labor law lay off legislative alert malware marijuana maryland medical marijuana minimum wage multi-factor identification music new york ninth circuit nist security controls non-competition non-solicitation overtime patent litigation patents payroll personal data personal information phishing premium rebate ptab ransomware reduction in force sexual harassment social engineering social media statute supreme court tax returns technology termination tip credit title vii trademark trade secrets uspto utah virginia w2 wages washington workplace policy