What Constitutes a “Plan Asset” and How Do Employers Allocate and Distribute a Premium Rebate When the Employees’ Contribution to the Group Health Plan is Treated as a Plan Asset? The premium rebate an employer receives from their health insurance provider may be considered a “plan asset.” Under, and subject to, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), if the rebate is considered a “plan asset,” then it must be used within three months of when it is received by the plan sponsor.Read more »
Tag: affordable care act
Understanding the Medical Loss Ratio Under the ACA: A Guide to Allocating and Distributing the Received Premium Rebate - Part 2 of 2 Posted on: June 06, 2019 In: Labor & Employment
Understanding the Medical Loss Ratio Under the ACA: A Guide to Allocating and Distributing the Received Premium Rebate - Part 1 of 2 Posted on: June 05, 2019 In: Labor & Employment
What Should Employers Know About the “Affordable Care Act” and the Medical Loss Ratio? These days, with readily available access to various political and social media platforms, one may find that the phrase “Affordable Care Act” has evolved into a “buzzword” occasionally used to promote a partisan agenda. Regardless of the current political climate and differences in opinions, most employers should have a general understanding and knowledge of the medical loss ratio under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response