The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) recently published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that attempts to eliminate confusion regarding the tip credit, while also implementing the changes mandated by Congress when it passed the Tip Income Protection Act.Read more »
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 18, 2019 Four Employment Policy Pitfalls for Multi-Jurisdiction Businesses to Avoid
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 23, 2019 Protecting Your Trade Secrets in the European Union
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act after-acquired evidence agreements artificial intelligence breach of contract brexit bring your own device business california cannabis civil rights civil theft cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality controlled substances act data security defend trade secrets act department of labor discrimination dress code economic loss rule eeoc employee handbook employee notices employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act essential employees eu exemptions fcra feha firing first amendment flsa fmla free speech germany hacking harassment health coverage health insurance hiring human resources information security insider threat labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage misconduct new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure non-solicitation notice of proposed rulemaking nyc offer of employment on-call overtime payroll personnel records petition politics pregnancy disability leave premium rebate reduction in force regulations reporting-time retention salary history inquiry scheduling seasonal workers sex discrimination sexual harassment small employers social media supreme court technology termination tip act tip credit title vii trade secrets transgender rights wage & hour law wages washington workplace policy