Last week, I had the honor of speaking on a panel at the national First Chair Equal Pay Summit in Chicago, attended by prominent women from top law firms and companies in the U.S. (and some delightful and progressive men). I was equally amazed by the incredible dedication of this group to equality in pay and opportunity for women and the fact that the conference was necessary in the first place.Read more »
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 18, 2019 Four Employment Policy Pitfalls for Multi-Jurisdiction Businesses to Avoid
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 23, 2019 Protecting Your Trade Secrets in the European Union
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
#metoo 7th circuit 9th circuit affordable care act agreements ban the box business california civil action cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality conflict waivers credit check criminal background checks dallas data security department of labor discrimination double representation drug policy employee misconduct employee rights employee status employers employment employment agreements employment application employment law equal pay equal pay act eu exempt employee exemption test family care fcra firing first amendment fiscal new year flsa free speech fringe benefits gifts glass ceiling hacking health insurance hiring human resources iep inclement weather information technology investigation labor and employment labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage multi-jurisdiction new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure agreements non-solicitation overtime paid sick leave payroll premium rebate rate of pay reasonable accommodation policy reduction in force regulations resolutions retaliation risk & compliance secret sauce settlement settlements sexual harassment social media strikes supreme court tax technology termination texas tip credit trade secrets unions wages wage transparency washington white collar workplace policy writ zero tolerance