On April 23, 2019, a privacy notification by the FBI stated that U.S. businesses are reporting a significantly increased amount of data loss as a result of insider threat actors. Companies should not assume that this warning falls squarely within the domain of their Information Technology or Chief Information Security Departments. The vast majority of data-loss incidents have a human component, so what can HR departments contribute to minimize the “Insider Threat”?Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act agreements appellate brexit business california ccpa cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality credit check criminal background checks dallas data security defend trade secrets act department of labor discrimination dress code employee handbook employee rights employee safety employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act essential employees eu exemptions family care fcra feha firing first amendment florida flsa free speech fringe benefits gifts hacking hairstyle healthcare health coverage health insurance hiring holiday season human resources inclement weather information security information technology insider threat labor and employment labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage misconduct multi-jurisdiction new jersey new york non-competition non-solicitation nyc offer of employment overtime payroll petition premium rebate reasonable accommodation policy reduction in force regulations risk & compliance salary history inquiry seasonal workers senior care sexual harassment social media strikes supreme court technology termination tip credit tipped employees title vii trade secrets wage & hour law wages washington white collar workplace policy work policy writ zero tolerance