On April 23, 2019, a privacy notification by the FBI stated that U.S. businesses are reporting a significantly increased amount of data loss as a result of insider threat actors. Companies should not assume that this warning falls squarely within the domain of their Information Technology or Chief Information Security Departments. The vast majority of data-loss incidents have a human component, so what can HR departments contribute to minimize the “Insider Threat”?Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
#metoo 7th circuit 9th circuit affordable care act agreements ban the box business california ccpa civil action cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality conflict waivers criminal action dallas data security department of labor discrimination double representation dress code drug policy employee misconduct employee safety employee status employers employment employment agreements employment application employment law equal pay equal pay act eu exempt employee exempt employees exemption test fair employment and housing act fcra firing first amendment fiscal new year flsa free speech gifts glass ceiling hacking hairstyle healthcare health insurance hiring holiday season human resources iep information security investigation labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure agreements non-solicitation notice requirements overtime paid sick leave payroll premium rebate rate of pay reasonable accommodation policy reduction in force regulations resolutions retaliation secret sauce senior care settlement settlements sexual harassment social media strikes supreme court tax technology termination texas tip credit title vii trade secrets unions wages wage transparency washington workplace policy