The California Fair Employment and Housing Council (FEHC) just released an updated Family Care and Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave notice. Beginning April 1, 2019, California employers with 20 or more employees must post in their workplace this new notice that explains employee rights to take job protected leave under three California leave laws — the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), the Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) law, and the New Parent Leave Act (NPLA).Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
#metoo 7th circuit 9th circuit affordable care act agreements ban the box breach of contract business california california supreme court ccpa civil action cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality conflict waivers controlled substances act criminal action data security department of labor discrimination double representation dress code eeoc employee safety employee status employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act eu exempt employees exemption test fair employment and housing act fcra firing first amendment fiscal new year flsa free speech glass ceiling hacking hairstyle harassment healthcare health insurance hiring holiday season human resources iep information security investigation labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana me too minimum wage new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure agreements non-solicitation notice requirements overtime paid sick leave parental leave payroll premium rebate rate of pay reduction in force regulations retaliation salary scheduling secret sauce senior care settlement sex discrimination sexual harassment smartphones social media supreme court technology termination texas tip credit title vii trade secrets wages wage transparency washington workplace policy written consent