There may soon be a sea change concerning the federal rights for workers in the cannabis industry after what could become a landmark opinion issued Friday, September 20th, by the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. Employers involved in the cannabis industry are now susceptible to claims alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Read more »
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
9th circuit affordable care act after-acquired evidence agreements appellate artificial intelligence brexit bring your own device business california cannabis ccpa civil rights civil theft cobra colorado compensation compliance confidentiality data security defend trade secrets act department of labor discrimination dress code economic loss rule employee handbook employee notices employers employment employment agreements employment law equal pay equal pay act essential employees eu exemptions fcra feha firing first amendment flsa fmla free speech germany hacking hairstyle health coverage health insurance hiring holidays human resources information security insider threat labor law lay off marijuana medical leave medical loss ratio medical marijuana minimum wage misconduct new jersey new york non-competition non-disclosure non-solicitation notice of proposed rulemaking nyc offer of employment on-call overtime payroll personnel records petition politics pregnancy disability leave premium rebate reduction in force regulations reporting-time retention salary history inquiry scheduling seasonal workers sexual harassment small employers social media supreme court technology termination tip act tip credit tipped employees title vii trade secrets transgender rights wage & hour law wages washington workplace policy