Oral Arguments Scheduled for Next Week - In a curious legal scenario, the USPTO recently filed an amicus brief at the request of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, supporting a “counterintuitive” reading of the American Invents Act (AIA). This stems from an interesting argument made by Johnson & Johnson subsidiary company Janssen Oncology, Inc. regarding estoppel under the AIA.Read more »
Tag: america invents act
USPTO Supports “Counterintuitive” Interpretation of AIA in Amicus Brief to Fed Circuit Court of Appeals Posted on: March 07, 2019 In: Intellectual Property & Technology
2018 in review – Inter Partes Review Developments, Part 1 of 2 Posted on: December 07, 2018 In: Intellectual Property & Technology
In one of the most heavily anticipated, and in some ways controversial, decision of the year, the Supreme Court ruled in Oil States Energy Services v. Green’s Energy Group to uphold the Patent Trial and Appeal Board’s (PTAB) authority to invalidate patents by inter partes review.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response