The absence of comprehensive federal legislation on data breach notification has led to the development of a patchwork of state laws to ensure that individuals receive timely notification of data breaches that might impact their personal data.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
alabama arkansas audit audit logging biometric data bitcoin breach notification california ccpa checklist client notification colorado commission congress consumer notification credit reporting cryptocurrency cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data map data privacy data privacy directive data protection officer data security delaware department of commerce email employment equifax ethereum ethics eu eu-u.s. privacy shield european union fbi fcra federal communication federal trade commission financial firms financial fraud kill chain financial services fincen gdpr hacking hippa holiday season human resources identity theft illinois incidence response plan information security insider attacks irs legislative alert malware managed service providers maritime cybersecurity maryland microsoft office 365 multi-factor authentication multi-factor identification net neutrality new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist security controls nydfs ocabr patching personal data personal information phishing privacy act privacy settings ransomware rdp regulations remote desktop protocol school security posture assessment security vulnerabilities service provider agreement social engineering social media soppa ssn statute students supreme court tax returns tennessee third party utah virginia virus w2 washington workplace policy