Social media has revolutionized the way people communicate and stay in contact with one another. But in the workplace, trying to “friend” an employee or sharing a photo with sensitive information in the background can create legal liabilities that employers may not have thought about before.Read more »
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
alabama arkansas audit biometric data bipa breach notification california canada ccpa client notification coast guard colorado congress consent order consumer consent consumer notification credit report critical security controls cryptocurrency cryptojacking cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data privacy act data security digital forensics dmarc ebt electronic information electronic protected health information employment equifax eu eu-u.s. privacy shield european parliament european unioin european union executive order fbi fcra federal trade commission fines fraud alert gdpr hacker hacking hhsocr hippa human resources identity theft illinois insurance industry internet internet service provider irs legislative alert malware managed service providers maryland meltdown michigan microsoft office 365 modlishka money service business multi-factor identification naic new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist framework nist security controls oregon passwords personal data personal information phishing pipeda privacy notification protected health information ransomware regulations scare scam scareware search warrant security rule social engineering social media spectre statute students supervisory authorities supreme court tax preparers tax returns utah virginia washington workplace policy