Encryption attacks, more commonly known as ransomware, are one of the major cyber threats facing businesses today. No company is immune from threat of attack—any business that is connected to the internet is at risk. Industry experts estimate that a business falls victim to a ransomware event every 40 seconds.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
aba alabama arkansas audit biometric data breach notification california ccpa checklist client notification colorado congress consumer notification credit reporting cryptocurrency cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data map data privacy data privacy directive data protection officer data security delaware department of commerce email employment encryption attack equifax ethereum ethics eu eu-u.s. data privacy shield eu-u.s. privacy shield european union fbi fcra federal communication federal trade commission financial firms financial fraud kill chain fincen gdpr hacking hippa holiday season human resources identity theft illinois incidence response plan incident response planning information security insider attacks investigations irs legislative alert malware managed service providers manufacturing maryland massachusetts microsoft office 365 multi-factor authentication multi-factor identification net neutrality new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist security controls nydfs ocabr patching personal data personal information phishing privacy act privacy settings ransomware rdp regulations remote desktop protocol school security posture assessment service provider agreement social engineering social media soppa spear-phishing spokeo statute supreme court tax returns tennessee utah virginia w2 washington wire transfers workplace policy