The California legislature, in recognizing the vulnerability of state information systems to exploitation by malicious actors, recently passed legislation allowing state benefits to be reimbursed to affected persons if benefits are stolen through a data breach.Read more »
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
2fa aba alabama american bar association arkansas audit biometric biometric data bipa breach notification california ccpa checklist client notification colorado congress consumer notification credit reporting cryptocurrency cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data privacy directive data protection officer data security delaware department of commerce department of financial services employment encryption attack equifax ethereum ethics eu eu-u.s. data privacy shield eu-u.s. privacy shield european parliament european union fbi fcra federal trade commission financial firms fincen fines fraud gdpr hacking hippa human resources identity theft illinois incidence response plan investigations irs it it professionals legislative alert malware managed service providers manufacturing maryland massachusetts microsoft office 365 model law multi-factor identification net neutrality new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist security controls nydfs ocabr penalties personal data personal information phishing privacy act ransomware rdp regulations remote desktop protocol school service provider agreement social engineering social media soppa south dakota spear-phishing spokeo statute supreme court tax returns tennessee utah virginia washington wire transfers workplace policy