When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect on May 25, 2018, the European Union (EU) will mark a sea change in how its member states will seek to protect and regulate the collection and use of EU citizens’ data. But as we have noted in our seven-part series analyzing the impact of Europe’s new data regulation and the hurdles that businesses will have to clear in order to comply with its provisions, the effects of the GDPR will not stop at the EU water’s edge.Read more »
- February 14, 2020 Trademark Update: New USPTO Rules Include Widely Criticized Applicant Email Requirements
- February 13, 2020 Coronavirus – Employers, Be Smart! Be Prepared!
- January 06, 2020 Tax Return Theft: Tips for Prevention and Response
- December 02, 2019 ‘Tis The Season: Online Shopping Tips
- November 18, 2019 Tax Considerations for Holiday Gifts to Employees
- November 05, 2019 Equal Pay and Barbie Dolls
- October 25, 2019 Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act Signed Into Law
- October 17, 2019 I Can’t Get Sued for Posting a Picture of Myself on Social Media… Can I?
- September 09, 2019 Ransomware Attack Trends: Tips for Prevention & Response
alabama anti-money laundering arkansas audit audit logging biometric data bitcoin blockchain breach notification california ccpa client notification colorado commission congress consumer notification cryptocurrency cybersecurity cyber threat data breach data privacy data privacy officer data security department of commerce department of health and human services department of state department of transportation electronic benefit transfer email employment equifax ethereum eu eu-u.s. privacy shield european union fbi fcc fcra federal communication federal trade commission financial fraud kill chain financial services gdpr hacking hipaa hippa holiday season homeland security human resources identity fraud identity theft illinois information security insider attacks insurance industry irs legislative alert malware managed service providers maritime cybersecurity maryland microsoft office 365 multi-factor authentication multi-factor identification nevada new jersey new mexico new york ninth circuit nist security controls office for civil rights patching personal data personal information phishing pre-breach services privacy privacy notification ransomware regulations research scare scam scareware security posture assessment security vulnerabilities social engineering social media ssn statute students supreme court tax returns third party utah virginia virus w2 washington websites workplace policy