- Email: Justin.Zimmerman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7292
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Justin Zimmerman is a partner in the Madison County, Illinois office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Environmental & Toxic Tort Practices. He represents clients throughout Illinois and Missouri on various matters including commercial litigation, product liability, premises liability, automotive claims, and general practice matters. Mr. Zimmerman is a trial attorney who has participated in jury trials in both state and federal court.
Mr. Zimmerman also has experience working with and representing local government entities. He currently serves as the Madison County commissioner on the Bi-State Development Board, a St. Louis economic development board. He also serves on the City of Edwardsville Zoning Board of Appeals.
- University of Illinois Elder Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Incentivizing Work at Older Ages: The Need for Social Security Reform, 19 Elder L.J. 485 (2012).
- Marlow v. Sawyer, No. 16-CV-1088-JPG-DGW, (S.D. Ill. Jan. 24, 2018) – secured a verdict worth 8% of Plaintiff’s final settlement demand and 40% of Defendant’s final offer in a federal jury trial with punitive damages at issue and admitted liability.
- Lunsford v. Unique Personnel Services, et al., – (secured dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims by successfully arguing that Plaintiff’s cause of action was barred by prior contract), Madison County, Illinois (premises liability, contract law, November 2016).
- Rozumek v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al., – Motion to Dismiss Based on Lack of Personal Jurisdiction, Southern District of Illinois (product liability, June 2015)
- Morrical v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al., – Summary Judgment, Southern District of Illinois (product liability, March 2015)
- McNeal v. City of Hayti, et al.– Motion to Dismiss Third-Party Petition, Circuit Court for New Madrid County, Missouri (construction defect, December 2014)
- Dalton v. First United Pentecostal Church– Summary Judgment, Circuit Court for Marion County, Illinois (premises liability, October 2014).
- State v. Haegele, July 15, 2011, Madison County, IL (First chair on complex criminal matter resulting in successful verdict.)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court - Southern District of Illinois
United States District Court - Eastern District of Missouri
- Officer, Bi-State Development, 2019–2020
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Legislative Liaison, Toxic Torts Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
University of Illinois College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2012
Maryville University of St. Louis
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2009