- Email: Michelle.Zeiger@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.628.5598
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Michelle Zeiger is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Michelle is a litigator who concentrates her practice in all aspects of insurance and general liability defense, including allegations of sexual abuse, personal injury, premises liability, product liability, wrongful death, automobile liability, negligent security, medical malpractice and trucking liability.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Michelle served as partner and senior counsel in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami offices of national full-service litigation firms, representing large corporate entities in the defense of allegations of sexual abuse, wrongful death, premises liability, catastrophic injuries, automobile liability, trucking liability and medical malpractice.
Michelle previously represented plaintiffs who were victims of sexual abuse in lawsuits against entities including large religious institutions, clergy, private and public schools, daycare facilities, doctors, medical practices, hospitals, youth organizations, Boy Scouts of America, foster care homes, cruise ships, spas and hotels employing massage therapists, apartment complexes and colleges and universities in Title IX lawsuits.
Michelle commenced her legal career in 2003 as an Assistant State Attorney with the Office of the State Attorney, Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Broward County, Florida. Michelle completed her prosecutorial career as lead trial attorney in the Sexual Battery Unit, having tried over 60 jury trials to verdict, including first degree felonies and capital offenses.
Michelle is proficient in Spanish and also speaks conversational French. She also enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
- “Medicare - Conditional Payment Claims, Mandatory Reporting and MSAs” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Training Course, August 15, 2019
- “Indemnification of Contracts”, August 8, 2019
- “Fraudulent Claims – Identification, Investigation and Litigation,” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Training Course, August 12, 2018
- “Prevention of Decubitus Ulcers and Important Considerations from a Litigation Perspective,” West Boca Medical Center, May 2011
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
United States District Court for the Middle, Southern, and Middle Districts of Florida
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Women Lawyers Association
- Emerge Broward, Young Leaders Society
- B’nai B’rith Justice Unit
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as a “Top Up and Comer” by South Florida Legal Guide, 2016 – 2019
- Recognized on the Rising Stars list by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2010
University of Miami School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
Emory University Goizueta Business School
Bachelor of Business Administration, 2000