- Email: Andrew.Zarriello@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.1740
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Andrew Zarriello is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Medical Malpractice, Healthcare, Life Sciences, General Liability, Construction, and Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practices.
Andrew has litigated personal injury and mass tort matters in New York, in both state and federal court, arising from complex medical malpractice, toxic tort, construction, and product liability claims. As part of the medical malpractice team in the firm’s NYC office, Andrew represents one of the nation's largest physician management companies specializing in emergency, hospitalist, and acute, urgent, and critical care medicine and services. Additionally, he represents individual healthcare providers, including physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, in complex, high exposure claims in the area of medical malpractice.
Andrew has also served as defense counsel on high-profile cases involving high-profile clients, including the largest Legionnaires Disease Outbreak in NYC; one of the deadliest fires in NYC history; the nationwide opioid crisis (In Re: Opioid Litigation in NY), environmental contamination (occupational and residential lead exposure; and petroleum / ethanol soil and groundwater pollution), and large-scale construction accidents.
Andrew has specific experience handling class action lawsuits, mass tort, multi-jurisdiction, and matters involving large scale governmental investigations and agencies, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State and New York City Departments of Health, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Andrew was an attorney at a prominent, global law firm, where he defended clients across the country in both state and federal court at the trial and appellate levels in areas of transportation, product liability, and general casualty litigation. Andrew also interned as a clerk for two federal judges, including Judge Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
A Call to the Bullpen: Alternatives to the Morality Clause as Endorsement Companies’ Main Protection Against Athletic Scandal, 56. B.C. L. Rev. 389 (2015)
- Legionnaires Disease Outbreak Litigation (Bronx Supreme Court mass tort contamination claims arising from 2015 South Bronx Legionnaires’ Disease Outbreak)
- In re: Opioid Litigation, New York (Mass tort litigation alleging deceptive acts and practices, false advertising, public nuisance, fraud, unjust enrichment, and violations of law arising from alleged negligent manufacturing, promotion, distribution and sales of opioids contributing to the opioid epidemic)
- In Re: Steam Pipe Explosion at 41st Street and Lexington Avenue (New York County Supreme Court mass tort action arising from 200+ personal injury and property damage claims related to the 2007 Con Edison steam pipe explosion in New York City)
- Summary judgment victory on behalf of physician management company and attending physician assistant (New York County medical malpractice action involving alleged failure to diagnose breast cancer)
- Summary judgment victory on behalf of attending physician (Westchester County medical malpractice action involving alleged failure to diagnose necrotizing fasciitis in a child)
- Lead Litigation (New York State occupational disease and toxic exposure claims)
- I-5 Skagit County Bridge Collapse (represented multi-national transportation corporation with litigation reaching the Washington Supreme Court)
State Bar Admissions
- New York
Boston College Law School
Juris Doctor, 2015
- Boston College Law Review
The College of William & Mary
Bachelor of Arts, 2012