- Email: Ryan.Young@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3155
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Ryan Young is an associate in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction Practice. Mr. Young focuses his practice on the defense of businesses and individuals in a variety of litigation matters.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Young worked for a national law firm where his practice involved a broad range of civil litigation matters including employment law, copyright infringement, products liability and toxic torts. Mr. Young defended employers against claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Mr. Young's product liability and toxic tort practice included the defense of multi-national corporations against claims of personal injury and wrongful death due to defective products and claims of occupational and household toxic exposure to various products.
Mr. Young has also defended governmental entities and employees in matters involving claims of unlawful arrest, excessive force, negligence, battery, false imprisonment, supervisory liability, and malicious prosecution. Mr. Young currently focuses his practice on the defense of corporations, Homeowners Associations and individuals in various personal injury matters. He also represents general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation involving residential and commercial properties throughout Southern California. Mr. Young has also defended hotel owners in class actions involving alleged unlawful housing practices.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court, Central District of California
University of San Diego School of Law
Juris Doctor with Certified Concentration in Civil Litigation, 2012
- Honors in Oral Advocacy (Mock Trial/Moot Court)
- Advanced Legal Writing Award for Best Argument Structure
- Participated in mediation skills training through the National Conflict Resolution Center
- Certification in Lexis Professional Research
- Member of the USD Sports and Entertainment Law Society
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, 2007
- Obtained dismissal of client in exchange for a waiver of fees and costs in wrongful death action following plaintiff's review of Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Successfully opposed plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment seeking an Order that our client had an obligation to pay all incurred defense fees and costs. The Court found that plaintiff was required to apportion each subcontractor's liability for the defense costs according to each subcontractor's proportionate liability pursuant to Crawford v. Weather Shield Mfg. Inc. (2008) 44 Cal.4th 541, 565, fn. 12.
- Obtained Summary Adjudication in favor of client as to plaintiff's claim for punitive damages in premises liability matter.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of county defendant in an action which arose out of the death of an individual whose vehicle collided with the rear of a fire engine which was stopped while its crew tended to an unrelated vehicle fire. Mr. Young asserted the county defendant was immune for any injury caused in fighting a fire under Government Code section 850.4 as the immunity for firefighting activity includes any injury which results from the operation of a motor vehicle as a means to fight a fire.
- Negotiated settlements of high exposure personal injury, construction defect and class action matters.