- Email: Jeffrey.Yee@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5124
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Jeffrey F. Yee is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. He focuses his practice on intellectual property related issues, coming to law from a chemical engineering background. He has worked on many patent infringement litigations involving mechanical design, polymer, fire retardant, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, LCD panel, thin film transistor manufacturing process, DVD technologies, smartphones, and content-based image search and webpage hypermedia. He also litigated trademark, trade dress, and design patent matters.
Additionally, Jeffrey counsels clients on all aspects related to the prosecution, acquisition and enforcement of trademarks and patents. He has experience in general corporate law, bankruptcy, and contract matters. His clients include startup and large companies, pharmaceutical/medical device companies, universities, and LED lighting, electronics, clothing and toy manufacturers.
Before entering law school, he was a process engineer with a world-renowned engineering firm that completed work for several major oil companies. He is also experienced and knowledgeable in hazardous material exposure.
Jeffrey grew up in Taiwan and still maintains a close tie to the Chinese culture and community.
"Product Design Protection from Trademark, Copyright, and Patent Laws," World Journal, Chinese Daily News
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
Southwestern University School of Law
SCALE Program, Juris Doctor
University of Southern California
Master of Science, Chemical Engineering
- Parker Hannifin Fellowship, Teaching and Research Assistant Scholarship
National Cheng-Kung University
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Represented a large multinational electronic company in a patent infringement case resulting in a willful infringement jury verdict against all defendants. The court granted all post-trial motions for permanent injunction, enhanced damages, and attorneys' fees. In addition, in another related patent infringement case for the same client, the court ordered terminating sanctions against the defendant by striking the defendant's answer and subsequently entered a $80 million default judgment.
- Prevailed on various judgment enforcement motions against evading infringers, including prejudgment bond order, asset freeze order, and civil contempt order which provided monetary sanctions and incarceration.
- Successfully removed a judgment debtor's bankruptcy case from the bankruptcy court back to the district court where the underlying patent infringement case was tried.
- Defended against a judgment debtor’s motion to stay enforcement of judgment pending patent re-examination; and successfully enforced multi-million dollars patent infringement judgments.
- Defeated a motion for preliminary injunction against an innovative LED design and manufacturing company; and successfully dismissed the client from the action.
- Represented a medical billing service provider in an action involving copyright infringement, and violation of Digital Copyright Millennium Act.
- Represented pharmaceutical companies in an action regarding trademark infringement, false advertising, and unfair competition. Successfully transferred the case from the Central District of California to the District Court in New Jersey, where the clients were located.
- Represented a leading computer peripheral manufacturer in a patent infringement action brought by a competitor involving scroll wheel mouse technology.
- Represented a leading scrap metal company enforcing its patent portfolio regarding a novel scrap metal loading process and device, including several patent infringement litigations filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Represented one of the largest toy companies enforcing its patent portfolio involving popular remote-controlled toy helicopters, including several patent infringement litigations.
- Represented fortune 500 companies in patent infringement actions brought by non-practicing entities involving hypermedia website content, electronic mail filtering methods and systems, network adaptors, and collapsible container design in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Representing medical device manufacturers in patent infringement actions brought by business competitors involving various medical devices.
- Successfully defended a leading mobile device company in a patent infringement action involving messaging technologies.
- Defended an Italian shoe designer against trademark and design patent infringement claims. Successfully obtain an order dismissing the design patent claim with prejudice, and the plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the trademark infringement claim with prejudice.
- Represented a leading fast food franchise in a patent infringement action. Successfully invalidated the asserted patent through summary judgment which was affirmed by the Federal Circuit.