- Email: Emily.Yang@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 909.381.7152
- Fax: 909.387.1138
Emily Yang is an associate in the San Bernardino office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. She joined Lewis Brisbois in November 2021, after primarily working as a licensed Community Pharmacist with CVS Pharmacy while earning her law degree at the University of La Verne, and she continues to serve the community as a health care provider.
Dr. Yang received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2021 from the University of La Verne College of Law, where she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of La Verne Law Review. While at La Verne, Dr. Yang was the recipient of seven CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, given to students in recognition of receiving the highest grade in a law school course. She was selected from the top 20% of her class for the pilot Honors Judicial Externship Program at the Superior Court of San Bernardino County and participated in the San Bernardino County Misdemeanor Appellate Clinic as a certified law student, where she earned recognition for her exceptional advocacy in the clinical program. She gained valuable experience as a research assistant for Professor Ronnie R. Gipson Jr., whose scholarship focused on aviation law and international trade law. Dr. Yang’s student note written while participating in Law Review has been published in the Food and Drug Law Institute/Georgetown University Law Center’s Food and Drug Law Journal.
Emily received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) in 2018 from the Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy, and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology from the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Yang’s experience in the health care field and wide variety of experiences allows her to offer a valuable perspective to clients.
Author, Note, "The Opioid Crisis and the Wrongful Conduct Rule: Does It Matter Who’s to Blame?," 75 Food & Drug L.J. 574 (2020).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Awards & Honors
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award ®: Torts, Introduction to Legal Skills I, Introduction to Legal Skills II, Adversarial Evidence, Mediation, Appellate Advocacy Clinic, Wills and Trusts
- Exceptional Advocacy in a Clinical Program Award
- Thomas & Miriam Kendall Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- Society for Justice Endowed Scholarship Recipient
University of La Verne College of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2021
- Editor-in-Chief, University of La Verne Law Review
- Dean’s List (Five Semesters)
Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.), 2018
University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology