- Email: Daniel.XuLi@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6689
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Daniel XuLi is an associate in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment and Wage & Hour Class Action Practices. Mr. XuLi represents employers in all phases and types of employment litigation (e.g., wage and hour, misclassification, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination) before administrative bodies, state court, and federal court, but focuses his practice on California wage and hour class actions and the California Private Attorney General Act (PAGA).
Mr. XuLi also provides advice and counsel to employers regarding their employment practices and policies, including wage and hour, discipline, termination, accommodation, compliance, leaves of absence, and employee handbooks. Mr. XuLi creates and delivers trainings and presentations on workplace discrimination and sexual harassment prevention, privacy, social media, and developments in employment law customized to each employers’ goals, employee groups, topics of interest, and unique company culture.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. XuLi was an associate at a national law firm where his practice focused primarily on general liability, commercial and business litigation, and cybersecurity and data privacy. Before that, Mr. XuLi interned for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (FDIC) San Francisco Regional Office’s Risk Management Division, clerked for the United States Department of Justice Office of Trustee, and clerked for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Office of General Counsel. Mr. XuLi's professional experiences outside of the realm of law are rooted in business, management, and accounting.
Outside of work, Mr. XuLi serves as a member of the Saint Mary’s College of California Alumni Board of Directors and Administrative Hearing Board Member for the City of San Leandro. He is a published translator for a book entitled Nanjing Old Landscape, which acclaimed national awards in China and can be found in the Permanent Collection of the United States Library of Congress.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Alumni Board of Directors, Saint Mary’s College of California
- Chair of Saint Mary’s Legacy Scholarship Committee
- Member of Philanthropy Committee
- Administrative Hearing Board Member for City of San Leandro
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Presenter, “Fostering A Great Workplace: Civility, Collaboration, and Diversity,” August 2020
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Saint Mary’s College of California Alumni Board of Directors
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2017
- Pro Bono Service Recognition at Commencement
- President of Chinese American Law Association
- Hastings Negotiations and Mediation (ADR) Team
- Recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship, Hastings Merit Scholarship, and the Perce E. Towne Scholarship (2014-2017); Albert and Mae Lee Memorial Scholarship (2016); and Sheffield Sanborn Scholarship (2017).
Saint Mary's College of California
Bachelor of Arts in Politics, magna cum laude, 2014
- Recipient of the Saint Mary’s College Scholarship (2010-2014); and Gael Scholarship (2010-2014).