- Email: Fred.Winters@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2043
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Fred Winters is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. He is an experienced, AV-Preeminent rated general civil/commercial litigator. While Mr. Winters’ experience and background has involved the litigation of a broad array of complex commercial disputes and issues in both federal and state court, his practice emphasizes and focuses on the representation of businesses and individuals in matters involving various business disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, and business torts such as fraud, deceptive trade practices, products liability, FDA recalls, interference with economic relationships, misappropriation, civil theft and conversion, lender liability, and commercial landlord/tenant disputes.
Mr. Winters handles all aspects of complex civil and commercial litigation matters including investigation, motions, written discovery, depositions, pretrial, trial and post trial practice.
Mr. Winters’ background includes over 15 years of experience with various prominent law firms.
- Represented local supplier of binder products in fraud/products liability action against one of its suppliers resulting from an FDA recall of melamine-contaminated animal and aquatic feed binders.
- Represented finance company (a subsidiary of GMAC Capital) in multi-million dollar dispute involving lender liability issues.
- Represented the University of Colorado Foundation and helped secure a multi-million dollar verdict against a major pharmaceutical company concerning claims for fraud and unjust enrichment.
- Represented a local business in matter brought by the Colorado Attorney General alleging deceptive trade practices.
- Represented an adhesive/sealant manufacturer in significant products liability class action alleging defective window sealant.
- Represented and advised a Native American Indian Tribe in many aspects of the creation of a casino/resort in northern California. Represented the Tribe in several hundred thousand dollar arbitration dispute with former architects.
- Represented business entities with respect to department of securities investigation.
- Represented various borrowers with respect to breach of contract related claims filed against them by various lending institutions.
- Advised business entities with respect to forged deed of trust issues.
- Advised telecommunications company with respect to payment dispute with large local telecommunications company.
- Represented national upscale restaurant chains in multiple premises liability matters.
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Awards & Honors
Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, CO
Juris Doctor, 1991
Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Bachelor of Arts Economics, 1988