- Email: Timothy.Windham@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5183
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Timothy Windham is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. He is a trial lawyer with over 17 years experience defending doctors, hospitals, dentists, veterinarians, healthcare professionals, product manufacturers and business and property owners in catastrophic personal injury, property damage and business litigation cases.
Mr. Windham has served as trial counsel in numerous medical malpractice, personal injury, traumatic brain injury, breach of contract, and wage dispute cases, as well as Administrative Board Trials. He has handled and argued extensive appeals to the state appellate courts and the California Supreme Court. Mr. Windham represents all types of Healthcare and Business professionals and Business owners in proceedings before the Administrative Law Courts, Medical Boards, OSHA and other licensing Agencies and Departments. He has extensive experience representing defendants in high exposure vehicular accident cases, traumatic brain injury, toxic tort litigation, products liability, construction site accidents, night clubs/entertainment venues/hospitality services liability and security services lawsuits; and, physicians, psychologists, dentists, veterinarians, nurses, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, nursing agencies and other health care providers in medical malpractice and general liability litigation. Handled cases in numerous areas including emergency medicine, internal medicine, surgery, obstetric and gynecology, plastic surgery, dentistry, pulmonary medicine, psychiatry and psychology.
Representative insurance clients include Farmers, ACE-USA, Zurich, Chartis, Gallagher-Bassett, Liberty Mutual, Norcal, Sentry, Redwood, Lexington, The Hartford, Cambridge, Broadspire, Sedgwick CMS, Fireman’s Fund, CNA and Amtrust.
Additionally, Mr. Windham has represented and defended governmental entities including the County of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority and the Los Angeles County Police Department. His corporate clients include Vons Companies, Inc., Ralphs Grocery Company, Schwan’s Sales Enterprises, Fresenius Medical Care, Maxim Healthcare, Charter Communications, Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Segway Inc. and Psychiatric Solutions, Inc.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Windham spent more than 15 years in the healthcare and retail industries in various management and business development positions.
- A Veterinarians’ Guide to Defending a Small Claims Lawsuit, August, 2010
- The New Slip and Fall Hazard for Defense Attorneys, Verdict Magazine, 2002
- Defense of Veterinarian Malpractice Claims, Zurich North America, Chicago, Illinois, October, 2010
- Nursing Malpractice Study-Mock Trial, Defense Counsel, California Association for Healthcare Quality, Marina Del Rey, California, March, 2007
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
California, December, 1998
United States District Court, Central District California, December 1998
United States District Court, Eastern District California, October 1999
- American Bar Association, Healthcare, Business Law and Litigation Sections
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Scout, District Commissioner
- United States Parachute Association - C License
Awards & Honors
American Board of Trial Advocates, Award for Excellence in the Preparation of Trial Practice at Law, 1998
Loyola Law School
Juris Doctor, 1998
- Moot Court Competition- Best Advocate, 1996
- Trial Advocacy Competition- Champion, 1997
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1983