- Email: Raymond.Wilson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6086
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Raymond Kenneth Wilson, Jr. (“Ken”) is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. His practice focuses on the defense of catastrophic personal injury claims, premises liability claims, professional malpractice claims, and appellate law.
Mr. Wilson has favorably resolved a variety of matters for his clients through settlement, dispositive motion, trial, and appeals in state and federal courts in both California and Nebraska. He has obtained defense verdicts for an OB/GYN accused of medical malpractice, an insurance broker in an errors and omissions case, and a mega-church who employed a person accused of sexually assaulting a child. Mr. Wilson has obtained multiple defense summary judgments in cases where damages were claimed to be $10 million or more and obtained favorable settlements for multiple public and youth serving entities in both catastrophic personal injury and sexual assault and molestation cases.
Mr. Wilson has also achieved considerable success in his appellate practice. He has written several winning briefs in the California Court of Appeal as well as multiple petitions for review to the California Supreme Court. Mr. Wilson also recently argued in front of the California Court of Appeal, First District and obtained a favorable published opinion affirming a defense verdict in a catastrophic personal injury/products liability case where Plaintiff sought in excess of $26 million from the jury. In addition, Mr. Wilson has written three winning briefs to the Nebraska Court of Appeal.
Mr. Wilson earned his J.D. in 2012 from Creighton University School of Law, where he was on the National Trial Team and was runner up in the ABA’s National Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition. Mr. Wilson earned his B.A. in political science in 2007 from the University of San Diego. He is licensed to practice law in California and Nebraska (inactive member).
Mr. Wilson is a former professional longboard surfer and avid sailor. He spends most of his free time with his wife – an internationally ranked champion sailor – and son at home or on the water. Mr. Wilson also enjoys playing golf and riding his road bicycle. He is currently serving as Secretary of the Coronado Yacht Club.
Verrazono v. Gehl (2020) 50 Cal.App.5th 636
Foreign Language Capabilities
- Conversational proficiency
- Genesis Insurance Annual Conference – 2019: Defense of high value catastrophic personal injury claims: Reducing juror anger to minimize damages. – Internal conference with all senior adjusters and executive leadership in attendance.
- ASCIP Annual Conference – 2018 & 2019: Defense of Sexual Torts: Controlling Nuclear Verdict Potential.
- CLE Presentation 2019: Defense of Catastrophic Personal Injury Claims: Controlling General Damages in Claims With Significant Media Exposure. (1 hour general credit CA CLE)
- CLE Presentation 2020: Remote Depositions: Tips, Tricks, and Strategies. (1 hour general credit CA CLE)
- CLE Presentation 2021: National Conference on Avoiding Nuclear Verdicts in Sexual Tort Cases. (2 hour general credit CLE in CA, WA, NV, AZ, CO, IL, TN, FL, NY, NJ, CT)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
Creighton University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
University of San Diego
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2007