- Email: Andrew.Williamson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.0987
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Andrew T. Williamson is an associate in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices. He represents businesses in a variety of labor and employment matters, including discrimination, retaliation and harassment claims, as well as wage and hour disputes. Mr. Williamson assists clients in navigating the complex array of federal, state, and local employment laws impacting their businesses.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Andrew served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Labor and Employment law division of the New York City Law Department. As an Assistant Corporation Counsel, Andrew defended the City of New York, its agencies, and employees in single-plaintiff and class action labor and employment matters in both federal and state court. He also represented municipal agencies in administrative proceedings, including the prosecution of employee disciplinary matters. Andrew received a Legal Rookie of the Year Award from the New York City Law Department at the end of his first year. The award is given annually to the office’s top first-year attorneys.
Andrew graduated from the Mississippi College School of Law, magna cum laude, where he served as an Executive Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review. He was also a member of the school's Moot Court Board and participated in multiple moot court competitions, placing at each of them. Additionally, Andrew received the highest grade in seven courses while in law school, including Employment Law and Constitutional Law, and served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Cecile Edwards’ Business Associations course.
Clearly Unfair: McCleary-Evans and the Problems Associated with Pleading an Employment Discrimination Case, 11 Charleston. L. Rev. 270 (2017)
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
US District Court for the Southern District of New York
US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Awards & Honors
- Legal Rookie of the Year, New York City Law Department, 2016-2017
- Robert E. Hauberg Award, Mississippi Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, 2016
- 3rd Best Brief Award, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Boston Regional, 2015
Mississippi College School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- American Jurisprudence Award for highest grade in following courses – Constitutional Law, Employment Law, Trial Practice, Appellate Advocacy, Immigration Law, Agency, and Removal Jurisdiction
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science