- Email: Chris.White@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 214.722.7101
- Fax: 214.722.7111
Chris White is the managing partner of the firm’s Dallas office, and leads a catastrophic injury trial team. He also serves as co-chair of the London Market Group and the Professional Liability Practice. Mr. White is frequently retained to try catastrophic casualty cases involving 7- and 8- figure demands. He is hired at various stages from the date of a severe accident up to 30 days before trial when clients are looking to bolster or change their trial counsel. Representative cases involve fatalities, traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, explosions, burns, amputations, severe orthopedic injuries and/or multimillion dollar life care plans. Common plaintiff allegations in those cases include negligent hiring, training, entrustment and supervision, “profit-over-safety” culture, violations of policies and procedures, post-accident cover up, gross negligence and spoliation. In response, the team prepares creative and tested trial strategies to strengthen defendants’ negotiating position and try the case to a verdict when no reasonable settlement can be achieved. This approach has proven successful in representing premises owners, security providers, bars/dram shop, trucking companies, bus lines, auto dealerships, oil field services, law firms, insurance brokers, architects, engineers, energy and seismic companies.
Mr. White practices before federal and state courts throughout Texas, and has appeared pro hac vice in courts in Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Delaware, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and the Virgin Islands.
- Ethical Considerations and Malpractice Prevention in Investigating and Resolving Insurance Claims, University of Houston Law Foundation (October 2004).
- Ethical Considerations and Malpractice Prevention in a Personal Injury Practice, University of Houston Law Foundation (April 2004).
- U.S. Tort Reform Update: Reining in Runaway Juries, Seminar at Lloyd’s, London (August 2003).
- Financial Institution Civil Liability Cover - A U.S. Perspective, London Market Banks Underwriting Group (September 2000).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United Kingdom
England and Wales
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar Association Litigation Section
- Law Society of England and Wales
Awards & Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023 — Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
College of William and Mary
Juris Doctor, 1995
Oklahoma City University
Bachelor of Arts, 1992