- Email: Jeff.Ward@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 912.525.4963
- Fax: 1.912.525.4961
Jeffrey Ward is a partner in the Savannah and Atlanta offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
For more than fifteen years, Jeff has practiced as a trial lawyer in Georgia. He has successfully tried cases to jury verdict in both federal and state court and regularly provides guidance and counsel to a variety of clients. Jeff’s civil litigation experience encompasses pre-lawsuit consultation, trial practice and the appeals process. With this experience, he is able to advise his clients on the best course of action to cost-effectively resolve their legal issues.
Jeff practices general casualty law and professional malpractice law in addition to construction and commercial transportation litigation. He represents clients ranging from Fortune 100 retail companies to hospitals, health care providers, construction professionals and other professional and individual interests. He has taken and defended hundreds of depositions including expert witnesses in the medical, engineering and construction arenas.
Jeff is also a Georgia registered civil mediator. He uses his extensive experience as a trial lawyer to mediate cases to resolution.
Jeff is a Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rated lawyer reflecting his high ethical standards and professionalism. He served on the Georgia State Bar Board of Governors from 2012 until 2018 and continues to participate in a variety of Bar committees. Jeff was elected Vice President of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association from 2015–2017 and currently serves as Treasurer for that organization.
Georgia Registered Certified mediator
- What’s New in Mediation: Preparation, Process and Professionalism, Presented at the Georgia Defense Lawyers Annual Meeting, 2018
- “Premises Liability Update” presented for the Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, September, 2017
- “Apportionment: Something for Everyone” presented at the 2017 Georgia Defense Lawyers annual meeting, June, 2017
- “Handling and Defending the High Exposure / Subjective Complaint Case” presented at the 2017 American Bar Association Trucking Megaconference, March, 2017
- “Premises Liability: Slips and Fall” in-house presentation for client / international retailer, June, 2016
- “Bridging the Divide: Plaintiff and Defense Counsel, Ethics, Civility, and Mediation Summit” presented at the American Bar Association Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section Meeting, May, 2016
- “To Catch a Plaintiff: Production and Use of Surveillance Evidence” presented at the Georgia Defense Lawyers Annual Meeting, June, 2015
- “Handling the Troublesome Damages Claim: Investigation and Litigation Challenges” presented at the 2015 American Bar Association Trucking Megaconference, March, 2015
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
United States Supreme Court
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia
Supreme Court of Georgia
Court of Appeals of Georgia
All Georgia State Courts
- State Bar of Georgia Board of Governors; elected 2012–2018; Brunswick Judicial Circuit Post 2
- State Bar of Georgia Disciplinary Review Panel, 2005–2011, 2013–2015
- Chairman 2007–2008
- State Bar of Georgia Commission on Continuing Lawyer Competency
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Trial and Mediation Academy, Faculty
- Treasurer, 2018–2019
- Secretary, 2017–2018
- Vice President, 2014–2017
- Newsletter Editor in Chief, 2015–Present
- Amicus curiae Committee co-chair, 2011–2015
- Board of Directors, 2010–2014
- University of Georgia Younger Law Alumni Committee, 2004–2005
- State Bar of Georgia Advisory Committee on Legislation, 2004–2005
Awards & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell AV peer review rated
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2005–2006, 2009–2012
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia Fellow, 2006
University of Georgia School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2002
Arizona State University
Master of Science, 1995
Mankato State University
Bachelor of Arts, 1992
- Lead defense counsel in week-long jury trial involving premises liability/slip and fall. Plaintiff sought $5 million at trial. Verdict: $1.3 Million.
- Lead defense counsel in pharmacy malpractice case involving three prolonged hospitalizations, plaintiff on life support and $200,000 in medical special damages. Verdict: $220,000.
- Lead trial counsel in jury trial involving premises liability/slip and fall. Plaintiff asked the jury for $3.2 million. Obtained defense verdict.
- Lead trial counsel in wrongful death/medical malpractice action involving wrongful discharge from a hospital emergency department. Obtained defense verdict.