- Email: Alecia.Walters-Hinds@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.0940
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Alecia Walters-Hinds is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a member of the General Liability Practice where her practice areas include premises, motor vehicle (personal and commercial), wrongful deaths, construction, labor law, dram shop, toxic tort, and property damage. She also specializes in the handling of high exposure and catastrophic injuries.
Ms. Walters-Hinds has obtained many defense verdicts and verdicts involving awards of low amounts in cases in Brooklyn, New York, Bronx, Queens, Nassau, and in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. In addition, she has mediated and handled the negotiation of favorable settlements both before and during trial.
She has tried over 100 cases and taken over 50 verdicts. She began her career at the New York City Law Department Corporation Counsel, and then went to one of the largest insurance defense firms in New York. She has handled a lot of high exposure cases resulting in favorable verdicts or favorable resolutions through mediation or during trial.
She specializes in catastrophic injuries and those cases where plaintiffs rely upon sympathy for large awards. She enjoys meeting with clients and prepping them for trial.
She is currently the vice president for the New York City Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). ABOTA is a national organization of experienced trial lawyers and Judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the right to civil jury trials provided by the Seventh Amendment of the Constitution. Ms. Walters-Hinds has also been named to Super Lawyers, Rising Stars for excellence in practice. She has published best practices articles in the New York Law Journal and New York State Bar Association’s One on One. She has also been a presenter at Continuing Legal Education courses on Trial Advocacy.
Related Legal Alerts
- March 19, 2018 New York Client Trial Alert
- October 12, 2017 NY & NJ Trial and Appellate Team Update - October 2017
- August 26, 2016 New York & New Jersey Trial Team Update
- Author, “The Insurer verses Insured,” published by New York State Bar Association “One On One," 2012
- Author, “Insurance Defense Counsel’s Approach to the Tripartite Relationship,” published by New York Law Journal, March 28, 2012
United States District Courts
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Vice President, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Board Member, Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush
- Member, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
- Small Claims Court Arbitrator
- New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance (NYCTLA), Member
Hofstra University School of Law
Bachelor of Arts