- Email: Ellen.Voss@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.712.2806
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Ellen Voss is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, and Healthcare Regulatory & Compliance Practices. She has extensive experience defending medical malpractice suits and representing physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers in licensing matters. She was named a Rising Star for 2008 - 2014 by Super Lawyers magazine. Ms. Voss is “AV Preeminent” rated by Martindale Hubbell – the highest peer-review rating available.
- "You Want an Apology? Let's Talk: Reviewing SB483 and the Oregon Patient Safety Commissions New Early Discussion and Resolution Program,"OADC The Verdict, 2014 Issue 4.
- Defense Research Institute Medical Liability Section HIPAA Best Practice Guide, Oregon and Washington, 2007.
- “Oregon Case Shows Caps Aren’t Always What They Seem,” Law Journal Newsletter, Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Vol. 22, No. 1, November 2004.
- "Oregon Medical Board: Navigating the Pathways," Northwest Spine Institute meeting, Speaker, 2015.
- “Starting Your Family, Succeeding in Your Career,” Oregon Women Lawyers’ CLE, Speaker, 2014.
- "What you need to know about subpoenas," Oregon Health Information Managers Association, Annual Conference speaker, 2007.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Oregon State Bar
- MCLE Committee Secretary and Chairman, 2003 - 2006
- Product Liability Executive Committee, 2005 - 2008
- Local Professional Responsibility Committee, 2006 - 2009
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers Association
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Young Lawyers' Committee, 2001-2004
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Health Lawyer's Association
Willamette University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2000
- Law Review, Associate Editor
- Moot Court Board
Oregon State University
Bachelor of Arts in History, cum laude, 1996
Oregon State University
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with Japanese Minor, cum laude, 1996
Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan