- Email: Melissa.Vaughn@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 314.685.8351
- Fax: 314.685.8347
Melissa Vaughn is an Administrative Partner in the St. Louis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice and Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practice. Ms. Vaughn has extensive experience representing various commercial entities, including product and premises manufacturers, transportation companies, and construction contractors in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, product liability, and premises liability actions; as well as toxic tort and environmental litigation. She represents insurers in first and third-party insurance coverage disputes, breach of contract and bad faith litigation. She also represents healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals in medical malpractice actions.
She defends clients in federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois, and several other jurisdictions across the country. She is responsible for all phases of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, written discovery, fact and expert witness depositions, vigorous motion practice, and trial. She also successfully negotiates pre-suit and pre-trial settlements and dismissals on behalf of her clients.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers® list of "Rising Stars," a peer review designation published by Thomson Reuters.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers® "Top Women Attorneys in Illinois" list.
The John Marshall Law School - Chicago, IL
Juris Doctor, 2007
University of Dayton - Dayton, OH
Bachelor of Arts, 2003