- Email: Melissa.Vaughn@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 314.685.8351
- Fax: 314.685.8347
Melissa Vaughn is the Administrative Partner of the St. Louis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare, General Liability, Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation, and Behavioral Health Practices.
Ms. Vaughn devotes a significant amount of her practice to the defense of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare and long-term professionals and organizations in claims involving professional negligence and elder abuse.
Ms. Vaughn also has extensive experience representing various commercial entities, including product manufacturers, transportation companies, and construction contractors in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, product liability, and premises liability actions; as well as in toxic tort and environmental litigation.
In addition, she represents insurers and insureds in first and third-party insurance coverage disputes, breach of contract, and bad-faith litigation.
Ms. Vaughn defends clients in federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois, and several other jurisdictions across the country. She manages all phases of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, written discovery, fact and expert witness depositions, vigorous motion practice, mediation, arbitration, and trial. She also successfully negotiates pre-suit and pre-trial settlements and dismissals on behalf of her clients.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers® list of "Rising Stars," a peer review designation published by Thomson Reuters.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers® "Top Women Attorneys in Illinois" list.
The John Marshall Law School - Chicago, IL
Juris Doctor, 2007
University of Dayton - Dayton, OH
Bachelor of Arts, 2003