- Email: Loren.Ungar@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.1074
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Loren R. Ungar is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Autonomous Vehicles and Transportation Practices.
Mr. Ungar focuses his practice on representing national, regional and local clients in complex commercial litigation, appellate advocacy, business torts, and class action suits. His diverse litigation experience includes routinely representing large corporations, privately held businesses and individuals in cases involving failed financial transactions, breach of contract, fraud, probate, real estate, shareholder and partner disputes, and investor actions. Mr. Ungar's transportation practice includes freight loss and damage claims, and matters related to tariff and transportation charge collections.
Having also obtained his Master’s in business, Mr. Ungar combines his substantive expertise as a litigator with his practical business skills. He is dedicated to providing his clients with quality results through a practical and business-minded approach. Mr. Ungar views each case as an opportunity to partner with his client in early case assessments, analyzing business goals and developing strategy and budgeting to achieve a disposition consistent with the client’s desired business result.
- Reza v. Pearce 806 F.3d 497 (9th Cir. 2015)
- Woo v. 267 Canal St. Corp., 59 A.D.3d 608 (2d Dep’t 2009)
- Yuen v. 267 Canal St. Corp., 41 A.D.3d 812 (2d Dep’t 2007)
- Bakiriddin v. IDI Constr. Co., Inc., 45 A.D.3d 300 (1st Dep’t 2007)
- Tiffany R. v. New York City Hous. Auth., 35 A.D.3d 327 (1st Dep’t 2006)
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Arizona, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
United States District Court - District of Arizona
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Eastern District of Pennsylvania
District of New Jersey
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Licensed Arizona Supreme Court Fiduciary, 2017-2018
- Member, State Bar of Arizona Professionalism Committee, 2013-2016
Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, NY
Hofstra University, Frank G. Zarb School of Business, Hempstead, NY
Master of Business Administration in Finance
University of Arizona
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Successfully represented former National Football League players in a securities fraud case resulting in a multi-million dollar recovery.
- Successfully defended real estate clients in a case of first impression regarding applicability of electronic signatures under the Arizona Electronic Transaction Act.
- Obtained dismissal of a company’s $2 million breach of contract lawsuit on summary judgment.
- Achieved dismissal of a corporation’s $725,000 fraudulent conveyance complaint on a motion to dismiss.
- Successfully litigated breach of contract and fraud claims for corporate client defrauded in sale of business resulting in a $620,000 recovery.
- Drafting a winning motion brief for case of first impression in New York involving toxic tort litigation.
- The successful reversal of a lower court’s dismissal of a $7 million premise liability case on appeal.
- Involvement in successful class actions that resulted in $7 million and $10 million in additional consideration for shareholders.
- Participation in successful class action that enjoined a $1.1 billion merger pending the issuance of additional material information to shareholders regarding the merger.