- Email: Thomas.Russell@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.599.7776
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Thomas Russell, III is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. A seasoned trial attorney, Thomas represents investment advisors, registered representatives, accountants, actuaries, ERISA fiduciaries, lawyers, real estate agents and brokers, automobile dealerships, insurance agents and brokers, and other private companies in state and federal litigation.
In addition to his litigation practice, Thomas represents sports and media franchises, professional athletes, scripted writers, producers, and production companies in connection with entertainment and general corporate matters. Understanding his clients’ motivations and risk tolerance, Thomas serves as a trusted business and legal advisor. Thomas’ notable entertainment and corporate representations include:
- Represented an Emmy nominated actor in connection with talent-side production agreements, recording agreements, and distribution agreements.
- Represented an award-winning comedian in connection with his capital investment into companies across various industries (e.g., food & beverage, real estate, travel, and fashion).
- Represented a writer and producer of an award-winning network television show in general corporate transactional matters.
- Represented an investment company, owned and managed by NFL Players, in its capital investment into a privately held food company.
- Represented a collective of scripted television writers in connection with the formation of their production company that was established for the purpose of creating and distributing digital media.
- Represents professional athletes in general corporate transactional matters.
- Represents a personal protective equipment company in its cross-jurisdiction formation and application for certification as a minority business enterprise.
Prior to joining the firm, Thomas was an associate at an international law firm where he represented public and private companies in commercial litigation matters before state and federal courts with an emphasis on matters before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the nation’s preeminent business court.
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
District of Columbia
- The American Bar Association
- John M. Langston Bar Association
Howard University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Bachelor of Arts, 2009