- Email: Jill.Szewczyk@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2024
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Jill Szewczyk is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Government Investigations Practice. Ms. Szewczyk represents clients in their most sensitive government and internal investigations and litigation, and helps them to navigate complex federal laws and regulations. She focuses on advocating on behalf of national and international corporations as well as individuals facing investigation and civil litigation related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Securities Act of 1933, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and provides advice regarding related compliance matters. Jill has experience conducting interviews, assessing alleged FCPA and securities law violations, drafting investigation reports, and communicating and negotiating with opposing counsel. She has represented clients before both the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. She also has significant experience representing clients in all stages of civil litigation.
Jill graduated from the Fordham University School of Law in 2010 where she contributed to the Fordham Urban Law Journal and participate in the International Justice Clinic. She also received a Leitner International Human Rights Grant to research anti-human trafficking laws in Thailand and studied EU and Spanish International Privacy law abroad at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE in Madrid, Spain.
- Represented a top ten pharmaceutical company in a multi-national FCPA investigation, focusing on Latin America and Eastern Europe, to ascertain anti-corruption compliance weaknesses and recommend remedial measures and employee disciplinary actions.
- Defended a foreign national in a conspiracy case, ultimately forcing the Government to drop all charges.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company against trade secret misappropriation claims, drafting a successful motion for summary judgment.
- Succeeded in stopping infringement of a client's valuable trademark.
- Coordinated discovery in numerous matters, including coordinating with international attorneys and translators.
- Managed attorneys, negotiated with opposing counsel, and represented client interests in discovery disputes.
State Bar Admissions
- New York
Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, 2010
- Fordham Urban Law Journal
- International Human Rights Grant recipient
- Archibald R. Public Service Award
- International Justice Clinic
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science, Communications, cum laude, 2005
- Golden Key Honorary(chapter president)
- Garnet and Gold Key Leadership Honorary
- Dean's List