- Email: Tina.Syring@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 612.428.5032
- Fax: 612.428.5001
Tina A. Syring is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices. As a former human resources director and inhouse counsel, Tina uses her experience to counsel employers on labor and employment issues with a business focus. She works with employers in addressing complex issues such as social media issues, executive terminations, allegations of harassment or discrimination, wage and hour strategies, whistleblower complaints, and long-term succession planning. Tina helps clients navigate through wage and hour audits by the Department of Labor and Affirmative Action program reviews by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
In addition to her labor and employment advice work, Tina regularly and successfully litigates on behalf of publicly traded and private employers throughout the nation. Tina’s litigation experience includes defending against federal and state discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. She also regularly handles non-competition and usurpation of trade secrets and confidential business information matters.
Tina also has extensive experience working with publicly traded and private companies on labor and employment matters associated with mergers or acquisitions. Her work includes providing guidance in the due diligence process for the transaction as well as handling executive compensation issues, including drafting and negotiating executive employment and/or severance agreements. She regularly advises compensation committees concerning both executive and board compensation. Tina also works with public companies on preparing whistleblower policies and enforcement of the same in conformity with Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank.
Tina earned her bachelor’s degree from Indiana State University and earned her law degree from Hamline University School of Law. Tina has also been ranked in Chambers USA since 2013.
State Bar Admissions
- North Dakota
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- North Dakota State Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Children’s Law Center
Awards & Honors
- Labor and Employment: Minnesota, Chambers USA, 2013-2021
- Employment Law – Management, The Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2022
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2011-2019
- Minnesota Rising Star, Minnesota Law & Politics
Hamline University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1994
Indiana State University
Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1991