- Email: Emily.Suhr@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 612.428.5023
- Fax: 612.428.5001
Emily Suhr is an associate in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability and Environmental and Toxic Torts Groups. She is a seasoned litigator with experience in state and federal court.
Emily began her legal career as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office, where she second-chaired a high-profile, triple defendant murder trial. Since then, she has handled many complex civil cases, including civil rights, wrongful death, and traumatic injury cases. A skilled advocate, she has argued before the Ninth Circuit a number of times and written several successful motions. Emily is also a graduate of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, which has long been recognized as the top dispute resolution program in the country. Where appropriate, she has consistently obtained optimal settlement agreements, saving her clients millions. Emily is a skilled trial attorney, having prepared many cases for trial and second chairing those that went to trial.
Emily is also a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, where she earned a Bronze Star for her service. When not working, she enjoys traveling and spending time with her family.
- United States Marine Corps, 1999-2005
- Army National Guard (Washington and California), 2007-2012
- Certificate of Dispute Resolution, Straus Institute, 2015
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Pepperdine University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2015
California State University, Northridge
Master of Arts, 2011
University of Minnesota, Crookston
Bachelor of Science, 2006