- Email: James.Strauss@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1344
- Fax: 212.232.1399
James Strauss is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice. Jim has been a litigator his entire career. He has broad experience litigating securities class action lawsuits as well as commercial, insurance coverage, estate, and personal injury defense actions pending in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate level. He enjoys writing and spends the majority of his time briefing and arguing motions and appeals, primarily for general liability matters.
Presenter at Ethics CLE at The Defense Association of New York (DANY), October 2017.
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Southern District of New York
United States District Court for New Jersey
Brooklyn Law School
- Dean's Merit Scholar
- Notes Edtior, Brooklyn Law Review
Author: "Shouldn't the Punishment Fit the Crime: United States v. One 1986 Mercedes Benz Automobile, and $2710.00 in United States Currency, and Cynthia Parker," 55 Brooklyn Law Review 417 (1989).