- Email: Kris.Stockberger@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.460.4634
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Kristopher Stockberger is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Labor & Employment, and Construction Practices. He has tried several cases to verdict involving amounts ranging from several thousand to several million dollars. He has presented oral argument and legal briefing in state and federal appellate courts.
He routinely handles employment regulation matters in private arbitration, state and federal court, and before regulatory agencies including TWC, EEOC, OSHA, and local authorities. His employment regulation experience includes securing temporary restraining orders to enforce a non-compete covenants, developing and providing instruction on corporate policies and procedures for Human Resources, and securing dismissal of claims for discrimination, retaliation, and alleged violation of employment regulations.
He routinely handles construction industry matters, including contracts for services, supplies, risk management, and claims management, as well as litigation and private arbitration of construction disputes and related personal injury or wrongful death claims. His construction industry experience includes representing a synthetic stucco installer in a dispute involving 800 homes, representing a general contractor on a dispute over design issues related to heaving and water intrusion at a condominium complex, representing Superfund site contractors and passive-alleged responsible third parties for disputed pollution remediation services, and securing a defense verdict plus attorneys’ fees for a services contractor who was issued numerous Houston City Code violations.
He routinely handles energy industry matters, including contracts for services, supplies, risk management, and claims management, as well as litigation of business disputes and related personal injury or wrongful death claims. His energy industry experience includes representing businesses in claims involving onshore and offshore drilling rig disruption and accidents, oil and petrochemical spills, as well as claims subject to the Jones Act, Limitation of Liability Act, Death on the High Seas Act, Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, Texas Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act, the Texas Solid Waste Disposal Act, and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, in matters including: defending workover engineer in a matter involving death, property damage, and environmental regulatory violations arising from over-torquing casing jacks during plug and abandonment operations; defending oil supplier in oil spill due to foreign ship failing to properly report tank levels; representing charter vessels involved in offshore injury or death claims; representing various types of drilling rig operators and contractors in claims involving death, serious injury, equipment destruction or defect, and environmental violations; defending yacht and pleasure craft owner/operators in disputes involving injuries and property damage; defending petrochemical company subject to Superfund responsibility with numerous others for disposal site owners’ criminal neglect of site.
- Cunningham Lindsey Claims Mgmt., Inc. v. Snyder, 291 S.W.3d 472 (Tex.App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2009, pet. den.)
- In re Forest Oil Corp., 2009 Tex.App.LEXIS 3598 (Tex.App.—Houston [1st Dist.], orig. proc.)
- Muoneke v. Compagnie Nationale Air France, 247 Fed.Appx.570 (5th Cir. 2007)
- Mbaba v. Societe Air France, 457 F.3d 496 (5th Cir. 2006)
- Rutherford v. Traces Loft Village Mgmt., Inc., 2006 Tex.App.LEXIS 1914 (Tex.App.—Eastland 2006)
- Holder v. BMS Catastrophe, Inc., 2004 Tex.App.LEXIS 9529 (Tex.App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2004, no pet.)
- “Employment Law Issues for HR Professionals”
- “Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Cases”
- “Environmental Liability Issues in Transactions”
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
United States District Courts Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States of America
University of Texas School of Law
University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Math
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy