- Email: Jeff.Soffer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.742.6733
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Jeff Soffer is an associate in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, and General Liability Practices. He routinely handles nuanced insurance matters and bad faith disputes, involving both commercial and personal lines. Jeff is also experienced in medical malpractice defense, transportation litigation, and bad faith litigation.
Jeff has published numerous articles on risk management issues for facilities and presented at multiple symposiums, including the American Society for Health Care Risk Management’s national conference. He has also taught federal civil procedure and essential legal skills in the Paralegal Graduate Certificate Program at Rice University.
Jeff is licensed in Texas and Colorado.
- "Apologize First; Mediate Second; Litigate...Never?" The Review of Litigation, Volume 34, 2015.
- "A Professional (lack of) Courtesy: the Emergence of Expert Testimony in Legal and Medical Malpractice Cases.” St. Mary’s Law Journal on Legal Malpractice and Ethics, Volume 46, 2015.
Federal civil procedure and essential legal skills instructor in the Paralegal Graduate Certificate Program at Rice University, 2014-2015.
- "A Professional (lack of) Courtesy: the Emergence of Expert Testimony in Legal and Medical Malpractice Cases.” St. Mary’s Legal Malpractice and Ethics Symposium, 2015.
- “Handling Lawsuits: It’s Not Just For Lawyers Anymore.” American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Annual Conference & Exhibition, 2014.
State Bar Admissions
- State Supreme Courts
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
New York University
Master of Business Administration, 2017
The University of Texas School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Bachelor of Arts, 2008