- Email: Sarah.Smith@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.460.4622
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Sarah Smith is the Administrative Partner of the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois, a vice-chair of the Coverage/Bad Faith, and Marine & Energy Practices, and a member of the firm's Insurance Law Practice. Sarah has a broad litigation background, with a focus on insurance coverage and bad faith and catastrophic casualty matters.
Sarah routinely handles complex coverage and bad faith matters and is also well versed in all aspects of first party claims. Sarah has successfully defended insurers for over a decade and a half, specializing in claims arising from catastrophic events. Sarah litigates matters involving marine and energy coverage and indemnity disputes as well as maritime and other catastrophic casualty injury cases. She is retained by excess carriers to evaluate, strategize and monitor cases in these areas as well. Sarah has successfully handled claims against attorneys in negligence and breach of fiduciary duty matters and insurance agents/brokers in cases alleging negligence, breach of contract, and misrepresentation.
Sarah is licensed in Louisiana and Texas and actively practices in state and federal courts in both states as well as under pro hac admission nationwide.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States District Court - Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of the State of Louisiana
United States District Court – Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- State of Texas Bar Association
- State of Louisiana - all courts
Baylor University School of Law in Waco
Juris Doctor, 2006
Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge
Bachelor of Science, 2003