- Email: Paola.Silverman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 973.577.6263
- Fax: 973.577.6261
Paola A. Silverman is an associate in the Newark office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Medical Malpractice, and Long-Term Care & Elder Law Practices.
Ms. Silverman focuses part of her practice on the defense of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities against claims involving pressure injuries, falls, and medication errors, among many others. Ms. Silverman also represents clients in the insurance industry in matters involving bad faith and extra-contractual claims.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Silverman was an attorney at a full service litigation defense firm in New Jersey. Ms. Silverman clerked for the Honorable Lisa Perez-Friscia, J.S.C., in the New Jersey Superior Court, after interning for Judge Perez-Friscia during law school. Ms. Silverman assisted the Court in conducting legal research and preparing judicial opinions in a broad array of civil matters including professional negligence, commercial contract disputes, employment discrimination, and land use actions, as well as criminal matters while Judge Perez-Friscia undertook a criminal docket. As a law clerk, Ms. Silverman also served as a mediator for matters venued in the Court’s Special Civil part.
Ms. Silverman serves as a Community Volunteer for the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts’ Intensive Supervision Program (ISP) Screening Board. The Intensive Supervision Program provides alternative forms of community-based correctional supervision to carefully selected state-prison sentenced offenders. ISP permits these offenders to serve their sentences outside the traditional prison setting. The Program focuses on helping participants become productive citizens and thereby effectively lowing recidivism rates for its graduates. Since its inception in 1983, ISP has saved the State of New Jersey over $640 million in avoided prison costs.
Ms. Silverman has also been selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star 2020 and 2021 in the area of Medical Malpractice Defense.
Seton Hall Legislative Journal, Articles Editor
No Constitutional Right to be a Bully: The First Amendment Principle of Content Neutrality and Regulating Bullying in Public Schools, 38 Seton Hall Leg. J. 371 (2014)
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- AMIGAS, Inc.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association-New Jersey
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Hudson County Bar Association
- North Hudson County Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star, Medical Malpractice Defense, 2020-Present
- Dorothy Day Scholarship Recipient, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2011-2014
- University of Delaware (UD) Institute for Global Studies Scholarship Recipient, Spain/Rome Study Abroad, Winter 2010
- University of Delaware Recognition as Latino Student of Distinction
- University of Delaware Merit Scholarship Recipient and Dean’s List, 2007-2011
Seton Hall University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude
University of Delaware
Bachelor of Arts