- Email: James.Shield@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 312.463.3359
- Fax: 312.345.1778
James Shield is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation Practices. Mr. Shield is a young, but experienced, litigation savvy attorney. His practice focuses on a variety of areas, including, general liability defense, wrongful death, construction site accidents, professional liability, premises liability and product liability cases. Mr. Shield has a wide array of knowledge and experience both inside and outside the courtroom, including motion practice, depositions, jury and bench trials as he has been involved in numerous trials, arbitrations, and mediations. He takes pride in obtaining great results for his clients and will continue to do so for years to come.
- Mylnarczyk v. Archer Window Cleaning (2018 Il App (2d) 170477) (successfully secured summary judgment and defended on appeal with oral arguments before the Second District Appellate Court in a slip-and-fall case wherein Plaintiff alleged the client’s window washing activities caused personal injuries)
- Crout v. Grayzeck (Cook County, 2019) (successfully defended motorist in MVA case wherein plaintiff was rear-ended by the client’s vehicle and alleged permanent disability, future cervical fusion surgery, and future hand surgery).
- Tertocha v. Beaty (Macon County, 2019) (successfully defended motorist in MVA case wherein passenger-plaintiff sustained an eye injury as a result of airbag deployment and alleged permanent visual impairment including the development of cataracts, future cataract surgery, and increased risk of developing glaucoma).
- Calvo v. Camerano (Cook, 2019) (successfully defended motorist in auto v. pedestrian case wherein Plaintiff was struck by client’s car at a crosswalk causing multiple vertebral fractures and a kyphoplasty surgery)
- Harris v. Peterson (Cook, 2020) (successfully defended motorist in left-turn MVA case wherein Plaintiff had the right of way and alleged psychological/emotional, permanent disfigurement, and arthroscopic shoulder surgery as a result of the incident)
- Associate Trial Attorney at Madison Law Associates, LLC
- Associate Attorney at Krohn & Moss, Ltd.
- Law Clerk for Collis & Collins
DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal Vol. XIII No. 4 (summer 2015): "Apple, Inc. v. Superior Court: Caveat Emptor - The Future of Online Credit Card Transactions."
State Bar Admissions
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Awards & Honors
CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Wills, Trusts & Estates, 2013
DePaul University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Science in Consumer and Agriculture Economics with a concentration in Public Policy and Law, 2012