- Email: Trey.Scott@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 214.722.7109
- Fax: 214.722.7111
C. Trey Scott is an associate in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. He focuses his practice on representing healthcare institutions such as skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, and correctional facilities with respect to claims for medical malpractice and wrongful death. He also represents individual healthcare providers in matters before professional licensure boards.
Mr. Scott also has experience representing healthcare institutions in governmental investigations, administrative appeals, enforcement actions, and wage and hour disputes.
In his free time, Mr. Scott enjoys spending time with his family and pets. He is an amateur chef and carpenter.
- I’ll Be Watching You: Fraud and Abuse in Medicare First Healthcare Compliance Weekly Newsletter, June 4, 2018.
- Don’t Ditch the Dispute Process - You Could Save Big Bucks Dallas Medical Journal, Vol. 104, No. 5, Pages 38-39, May 2018.
- What If? Using Medicare Regulations to Control and Commercialize Rainwater Harvesting Texas A&M Journal of Property Law, Vol. 4, No. 3, Pages 217-235, February 2018.
- Are You on the NPDB Naughty List or Nice List? Dallas Medical Journal, Vol. 103, No. 5, Pages 34-35, May 2017.
- Schedule II Drugs Dallas Medical Journal, Vol. 101, No. 5, Page 129, May 2015.
- Rain Catching: An Analysis of Rainwater Harvesting Law in Texas, Texas Environmental Law Journal, Vol. 44, No. 3 Pages 375-390, November 2014.
- Catching Rain: Who Owns Harvested Rainwater? Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes, Vol. 38, No. 12, Page 6, December 2013.
Certified Professional Compliance Officer through AAPC
- Moneytalks: Medicare Part A and Part B Appeals, First Healthcare Compliance Webinar, June 19, 2018.
- Ain’t No Sunshine: Enforcement Actions Against Healthcare Providers, National Medical Association Region V Conference, Biloxi, Mississippi, April 28, 2018.
- Trial Preparation from Start to Finish Topics: Creating a Trial Notebook and Preparing Your Witnesses, Institute For Paralegal Education, Austin, Texas, November 17, 2017.
- Stayin' Alive in the Era of Fraud and Abuse, Louisiana Medical Association Annual Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, November 4, 2017.
- Health Care Business Law Panelist, National Business Institute Webcast, July 24, 2017.
- Stayin' Alive, National Medical Association Region V Conference, San Antonio, Texas, April 8, 2017.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Texas A&M University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business
Master of Business Administration, 2009
Texas Tech University College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness, 2007