- Email: Jeremy.Schrag@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 316.609.7903
- Fax: 316.462.5746
Jeremy Schrag is the co-managing partner of the Wichita, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri offices of Lewis Brisbois. He resolves complicated, difficult cases for businesses, employers, and insurance companies. With an extensive background in appellate and employment law, Mr. Schrag’s track record includes successfully navigating multi-million-dollar class action lawsuits and resolving challenging sexual assault cases. He also regularly handles catastrophic tort matters, including cases involving complex trucking accidents, minors, and intricate product liability issues. Clients appreciate Mr. Schrag’s meticulous approach, as he consistently applies comprehensive and innovative legal strategies that withstand the rigors of even the most demanding cases.
As a member of Lewis Brisbois’ 24/7 Rapid Response Team, Mr. Schrag defends significant injury cases – often carrying seven- and eight-figure exposures – filed against transportation companies throughout the Midwest. In these matters, Mr. Schrag relies on his well-developed investigation skills to examine accident scenes and to ultimately achieve favorable outcomes for clients. Mr. Schrag also represents major national clients in an array of general liability matters in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. These cases range from simple slip-and-falls to catastrophic injury and wrongful death matters.
A frequent speaker and author, Mr. Schrag regularly presents on employment law topics to attorneys and human resource professionals. He is an author of the Kansas Bar Association’s Civil Rights Annual Survey of Law, and also oversees the preparation of case law updates to all notable employment and civil rights cases filed in the Tenth Circuit and District of Kansas.
- “Gorsuch Would Lay McDonnell Douglas Test to Rest,” Law360, January 2017.
- Jeremy K. Schrag, "A Federal Framework for Regulating the Growing International Presence of the Several States," 48 WASHBURN L.J. 425 (2009).
- Jeremy K. Schrag, "The Tenth Circuit's Misconstruction of Statutory Rape in International Law Under the Alien Tort Claims Act of 1789 (Cisneros v. Aragon, 485 F.3d 1226 (10th Cir. 2007))," 47 WASHBURN L.J. 817 (2008).
- Contributing Author, Annual Survey of Law: Civil Rights, Kansas Bar Association, 2015 through present.
Law Clerk to the Hon. Lawton R. Nuss, Chief Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, 2010 – 2013
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Kansas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Awards & Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023-2024 — Litigation - Labor and Employment, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Washburn University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, 2004