- Email: Jeremy.Schrag@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 316.609.7903
- Fax: 316.462.5746
Jeremy Schrag is a partner in the Wichita, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri offices of Lewis Brisbois. He is an experienced investigator whom clients regularly call upon to provide early analysis of and strategy for their most pressing situations, so that their business interests are protected well before the litigation process begins. Should a case be filed, Mr. Schrag aggressively defends his clients, and has led his clients to success in state and federal courts across the Plains.
Mr. Schrag’s talents as an investigator and litigator are called upon most often in employment, transportation, and general liability cases. In the employment sphere, Mr. Schrag regularly handles matters concerning alleged civil rights violations such as sexual harassment. He also advises employers and local governments regarding their employment policies and practices. A significant portion of Mr. Schrag’s employment practice is devoted to higher education law and constitutional tort litigation, including representing public and private universities in Title IX investigations and training.
A member of Lewis Brisbois’s 24/7 Rapid Response Team, Mr. Schrag defends significant injury cases filed against transportation companies throughout the Midwest. These cases, in which he relies on his investigation skills to timely investigate accident scenes, often carry seven- to eight-figure exposures. Mr. Schrag also represents major national clients in general liability matters in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma, in cases ranging from simple slip-and-falls to catastrophic injury and wrongful death matters.
A frequent speaker and author, Mr. Schrag regularly presents on employment law topics to attorneys and human resource professionals. He has served as an author on the Kansas Bar Association’s Civil Rights Annual Survey of Law since 2014, and spearheaded the preparation of a case law update of all notable employment and civil rights cases filed in the Tenth Circuit and District of Kansas.
- “Gorsuch Would Lay McDonnell Douglas Test to Rest,” Law360, January 2017.
- Jeremy K. Schrag, "A Federal Framework for Regulating the Growing International Presence of the Several States," 48 WASHBURN L.J. 425 (2009).
- Jeremy K. Schrag, "The Tenth Circuit's Misconstruction of Statutory Rape in International Law Under the Alien Tort Claims Act of 1789 (Cisneros v. Aragon, 485 F.3d 1226 (10th Cir. 2007))," 47 WASHBURN L.J. 817 (2008).
- Contributing Author, Annual Survey of Law: Civil Rights, Kansas Bar Association, 2015 through present.
Law Clerk to the Hon. Lawton R. Nuss, Chief Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, 2010 – 2013
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Kansas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Awards & Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023 — Litigation - Labor and Employment, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Washburn University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, 2004