- Email: Suzanne.Schlicher@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 346.241.4957
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Suzanne Schlicher is an associate in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice. Ms. Schlicher has experience with domestic, admitted insurers as well as surplus lines carriers and policies, having worked with countless ISO forms as well as manuscript insurance contracts. Her coverage experience includes traditional personal injury and property damage claims to large or complex losses, including construction defects, business torts, and environmental losses.
Ms. Schlicher’s experience also includes complex coverage issues involving additional insured claims and contractual indemnities. She handles first-party property coverage and claims, from large commercial accounts with multi-properties to residential claims. Ms. Schlicher has worked with a variety of policies in both the commercial and personal lines context, both first-party and third-party coverages, including commercial general liability, business owners’ policies, inland marine/floater polices, commercial auto, and workers’ compensation to homeowners’ and personal auto policies, as well as various commercial and personal umbrella and excess coverages.
Ms. Schlicher’s experience includes matters such as:
- A construction defects coverage matter involving a gas pipeline running from Alberta, Canada to a terminal outside Chicago – running through five U.S. states.
- A construction defects case of a communications tower on a U.S. military base.
- A Businessowners’ policy coverage of spam, email, and fax.
- Oil exploration company’s potential coverage for alleged contamination of Ranch Owner’s property.
- Homeowners’ first-party coverage for fire/arson loss.
- Homeowners’ and businessowners’ coverage for storm/hail/wind losses.
- Insurance coverage related to construction defects litigation, including coverage issues arising out of foundation, envelope, EFIS, and window issues, including the foundation and walls of a prison in South Texas.
- Insurance coverage cases related to pollution and toxic tort claims, including CERCLA claims by federal and state environmental authorities and claims by private parties against one another.
- Insurance coverage cases related to intellectual property litigation (including patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, license, trade secrets) arising out of “advertising injury,” “personal injury,” or “personal and advertising injury” policy provisions (including defamation, disparagement and invasion of privacy).
- Claims involving interpretation of excess and umbrella policies, including “drop down” and “following form” issues.
- Monitoring of and fee disputes and resolutions involving “independent counsel” selected by insureds.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Pro Bono service with Harris County Child Protective Services
- Pro Bono service through church affiliation, Messiah Lutheran Church
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Southern, Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Insurance Section
- Houston Bar Association
South Texas College of Law – Houston
Juris Doctor, 1991
Sam Houston State University
Bachelor of Science in Criminology and Corrections, 1987