- Email: Aaron.Schepler@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.7847
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Aaron C. Schepler is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Cargo & Logistics, and Autonomous Vehicles Practices. His general-liability practice is focused on defending companies, public entities, and individuals against high-exposure injury claims. Aaron’s cargo and logistics practice includes freight loss and damage claims, and matters related to tariff and transportation charge collections.
Aaron has a wide range of experience in commercial-litigation matters, including breach-of-contract disputes, shareholder and partner disputes, and business torts. He also has substantial expertise in franchise litigation. Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Aaron practiced at two national law firms for more than a decade, representing some of the country’s largest franchise systems in disputes with their franchisees.
Aaron has also defended public entities, police officers, elected officials, and public employees in dozens of civil-rights cases, regulatory disputes, tort claims, and cases arising under Arizona’s public-records law.
After graduating from law school, Aaron served as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Thomas A. Zlaket, then-Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Co-Author, “Caught Between Scylla and Charybdis: Are Franchisors Still Stuck Between the Rock of Non-Uniformity and the Hard Place of Vicarious Liability?” 33 Franchise L.J. 195 (Fall 2013).
- Author, “Hart v. Seven Resorts, Inc., Should the Arizona Constitution Protect Employees from Employer-Mandated Drug Testing?” 30 Ariz. St. L.J. 541 (1998).
United States Air Force, 1989-1993
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Arizona
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Awards & Honors
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rating
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1999
- Associate Managing Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Arts, English, summa cum laude, 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Women's Studies, summa cum laude, 1996