- Email: Allen.Sattler@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5572
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Allen E. Sattler is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a vice-chair of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice.
Mr. Sattler’s practice centers on technology issues involving data breaches and privacy violations. He regularly advises and defends companies concerning their obligations pursuant to breach notification laws, privacy laws, and regulatory investigations. He has handled numerous cases resulting from data security and privacy liability events, including individual and class action suits for network intrusions, employee data theft, cyber extortion including ransomware, and multimedia liability. He also counsels clients on compliance matters, including with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Mr. Sattler’s practice also includes Labor & Employment matters, where he defends employers against claims involving discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour violations. He also defends professionals against suits alleging negligence and malpractice.
Mr. Sattler is licensed to practice in both New York and California, as he first practiced law at a firm in Manhattan that has a strong international- and insurance-based practice. He made partner at that firm and helped to establish the firm’s cybersecurity and privacy liability practice team. In 2018, Mr. Sattler moved to California to practice law with a separate firm, where he likewise helped to lead that firm’s cybersecurity practice as vice chairman of the team.
Mr. Sattler maintains strong relationships with individuals throughout the insurance industry, including internationally, having been seconded with a leading Lloyd’s syndicate in 2013. He also has an impressive legal education which includes two judicial internships, one with a Missouri Court of Appeals judge and the other with a United States District Judge for the Central District of Illinois. He also served as an editor to the Saint Louis University School of Law Public Law Review, where he helped edit and publish articles by prominent authors including a United States Supreme Court Justice.
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Chief Justice Glenn Norton and Judge Richter, Missouri Court of Appeals, January 2006–May 2006.
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Michael Mihm, United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, May 2005–August 2005.
- Panelist, “Parade of Evils: Old School Threat Actors and Their Influence on Today’s Cyber Security,” Webinar sponsored by Lewis Brisbois, 09.29.22
- Panelist, " Where Are We on the Ransomware Journey?” Advisen’s 2022 Cyber Risk Insights Conference in London, England, 5.11.22
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2007
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
Bachelor of Science in Information Management and Technology; History, magna cum laude, 2004