- Email: Christopher.Sargoy@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6172
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Christopher Sargoy is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois, and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property & Technology, and Products Liability Practices. Mr. Sargoy litigates a wide range of high-stakes commercial, intellectual property and products liability matters, including business, trade secret, contract, unfair competition, false advertising, copyright, trademark, real estate, strict liability and breach of warranty disputes.
As a products liability attorney, Mr. Sargoy has significant experience defending multi-million dollar cases involving automotive brakes, clutches and gaskets, as well as heavy machinery, pipes, insulation and compound materials. He has successfully represented manufacturers, suppliers and retailers in the automotive and construction industries. Recently, Mr. Sargoy obtained summary adjudication on the issue of punitive damages for his corporate client in the construction industry.
Mr. Sargoy has extensive experience drafting and arguing motions, including dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, and preparing matters for trial. Several of Mr. Sargoy's motions for summary judgment have also led to outright dismissals for his clients. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Sargoy worked as an associate at a national law firm, where he defended international and domestic Fortune 500 corporations in complex products liability matters.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Courts for the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Jurisprudence Awards for the highest grades in Constitutional Law I, Trademark and Topics in Constitutional Law
- Tutored foreign LLM students in copyright and intellectual property law
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies
- Played three years of NCAA Division I baseball