- Email: Lovee.Sarenas@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.599.7884
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Lovee Sarenas is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Practice.
For over 15 years, Ms. Sarenas has focused her practice in bankruptcy and insolvency. She has represented corporate and individual debtors, turnaround professionals and creditors in chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court workouts, corporate wind downs, and chapter 7 liquidations. Corporate clients range from small businesses to publicly traded corporations and start-ups in the retail, winery and technology-based industries. As a restructuring attorney, she aims to develop cost-effective and efficient solutions to a client's financial situation.
Ms. Sarenas also represents trustees in the administration of chapter 7 cases and in various bankruptcy-related litigation.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Sarenas served as a judicial law clerk to two bankruptcy judges in the Central District of California: the Hon. Richard M. Neiter (ret.) and the Hon. Ellen A. Carroll (ret.). She also practiced as an attorney associate at a prominent bankruptcy boutique firm based in Northern California.
Ms. Sarenas is an adjunct professor of bankruptcy law at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles where she teaches to upper-division law students.
- Co-chair of the Consumer Bankruptcy Program, California Bankruptcy Forum Annual Conference, 2018
- Speaker, Educational Luncheon Program on bankruptcy law with LA Superior Court Judges, Santa Monica Courthouse, April 6, 2015
- Speaker, Bankruptcy: An In-Depth Guide, February 7, 2008 (Pincus Education Seminar)
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Los Angeles Bankuptcy Forum, Board Member, 2017-2021
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Los Angeles Catholic Lawyers Association
- Financial Lawyers Conference
- United States Bankruptcy Courts’ Bankruptcy Forms Modernization Project member, 2010
- Task Force on Chapter 11 Individual Cases, United States Bankruptcy Court-Central District member, 2010
Awards & Honors
- John Schumacher Leadership Scholarship Award
- Southwestern Journal of Law and Trade in the Americas
- Who’s Who in American Law Students, 18th Edition
- Phi Kappa Phi International Honor Society
- Pi Gamma Mu International Social Science Honor Society
Southwestern Law School
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of the Philippines
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1995